As part of its push into retail, Instagram has introduced an in-app checkout function that allows users to purchase products directly from participating brands’ Instagram pages.
The program launched in the US with 23 partners including Nike, Adidas, Dior, Michael Kors, Prada and Zara.
Payment options include credit cards and PayPal.
Here are a few things that users should know about Instagram In-App Checkout.
- The feature is available on shopping posts from brands on the social media platform.
- This allows customers to purchase items through Instagram by clicking on these posts.
- Doing so will allow the customers to customize their order.
- This can include choosing different sizes, colors or other details about the item being bought.
- Once this is done, customers simply have to checkout from within Instagram.
- This will require them to submit their name, email, billing information and shipping address.
- However, customers only have to do this for their first order.
- Instagram will save this information to make it easier for customers to make purchases through its service in the future.
- It’s also worth noting that the Instagram In-App Checkout will send shipping and tracking notifications to customers through the app.
- The Instagram In-App Checkout feature is still in its closed beta and only available in the U.S.
- It also only works with a few brands right now, which makes sense since it just launched today.
- Some of these brands include Nike (NYSE:NKE), Adidas (OTCMKTS:ADDYY), Capri Holdings’ (NYSE:CPRI) Michael Kors, H&M and more.